Substance Name: Retinoblastoma binding protein 1
- A ubiquitously expressed regulatory protein that contains a retinoblastoma protein binding domain and an AT-rich interactive domain. The protein may play a role in recruiting HISTONE DEACETYLASES to the site of RETINOBLASTOMA PROTEIN-containing transcriptional repressor complexes.
- An E2F transcription factor that interacts directly with RETINOBLASTOMA PROTEIN and CYCLIN A and activates GENETIC TRANSCRIPTION required for CELL CYCLE entry and DNA synthesis. E2F1 is involved in DNA REPAIR and APOPTOSIS.
* denotes mobile formatted website
Links to Resources
Names and Synonyms
Name of Substance
- Retinoblastoma binding protein 1
- E2F1 Transcription Factor
- Retinoblastoma-Binding Protein 1
- Retinoblastoma-associated protein 1
- Protein RBP 1 (human retinoblastoma-binding C-terminal fragment reduced)
CAS Registry Number
System Generated Number