Substance Name: Glucanase, endo-1,3-beta-
- A family of glycosidases that hydrolyse crystalline CELLULOSE into soluble sugar molecules. Within this family there are a variety of enzyme subtypes with differing substrate specificities that must work together to bring about complete cellulose hydrolysis. They are found in structures called CELLULOSOMES.
- An endocellulase with specificity for the hydrolysis of 1,3-beta-D-glucosidic linkages in 1,3-beta-D-glucans including laminarin, paramylon, and pachyman.
- Natural Product
* denotes mobile formatted website
Links to Resources
Names and Synonyms
- Glucan Endo-1,3-beta-D-Glucosidase
- Glucanase, endo-1,3-beta-
CAS Registry Number
System Generated Number
|Organism||Test Type||Route||Reported Dose (Normalized Dose)||Effect||Source|
|mouse||LD50||oral||> 5gm/kg (5000mg/kg)||Kiso to Rinsho. Clinical Report. Vol. 23, Pg. 2619, 1989.|
|rat||LD50||oral||> 5gm/kg (5000mg/kg)||Kiso to Rinsho. Clinical Report. Vol. 23, Pg. 2619, 1989.|
|rat||LD50||skin||> 2gm/kg (2000mg/kg)||Kiso to Rinsho. Clinical Report. Vol. 23, Pg. 2619, 1989.|